April 17, 2009

The Ultimate Celebration!

jj
Just a short personal post here about what I consider to be the ultimate celebration. I am so excited for the Go! St Louis Half Marathon that I am doing this Sunday.

I signed up to do it with The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society's Team In Training in honor of my friend, Marie. You see, I'm not only doing it FOR my friend Marie but WITH my friend Marie. That's right. She's a survivor, baby. It often moves me to tears when I think about everything she has overcome the last couple of years and that she is still with us today. She's not just with us. She's doing a half-marathon. Holla!


(Marie and me at my wedding in October 2005)

I'd be remiss if I didn't mention my other marathon partner, Natasha, or Natty Lite as I like to call her. Natasha has overcome her own struggle the last two years by losing 100 lbs. No gimmicks. No surgeries. Just healty eating and a LOT of sweat. Really, she's sweaty. Natty Lite kicked it Biggest Loser style and changed her life. She makes me cry, too, because I am so proud of her.
jj

(Natty Lite this Valentine's Day. Ignore the wrong date on her friend's digital camera! Durrrrrr.)

I cannot wait for Sunday and I cannot wait to cross the finish line with my heroes. We're gonna party like it's 1999! (And probably cry some more.)

7 comments:

Imjustagirl said...

That is AWESOME and so inspiring! Good luck to you ladies!

Kendall said...

Good luck and HAVE FUN! Congrats to Marie and Natalie!

Rhonda said...

How inspiring! Does your friend Natasha have a blog? I need to lose about that much weight! Would love to read about her journey if she has one! Thanks! Good luck in the half! I can tell you are a great friend!

http://rhondas3boys.blogspot.com

Chris @ Celebrations At Home said...

Let's Hear It For The Girls!! You will do great in the Run. I'm sure you will keep each other laughing all the way to the finish line!

Natasha said...

Party: check
Cry a little: check
Pay for a taxi ride for the 3 blocks back to the hotel: check

Marie said...

We didn't need do stinking cab - we walked back the the tough chicks that we are - especially you and your amazingly HUGE bladder and kick-ass time!

Lauren said...

Hey baby girl! I'm so proud of you! Always remember that feeling of crossing the finish line and when you do, think of all the people that might be helped by you doing so. No go buy yourself a pair of flats and put your feet up! XOXO