March 8, 2009

So Tell Me More About Operation Shower


I thought you'd never ask. Operation Shower is my latest love affair and honestly one of the most rewarding things I've ever had the honor of doing. I am so excited and proud to be on the Board as the Chief Event Planner and want to encourage everyone to check us out!



Operation Shower is a non-profit organization that recognizes and honors the sacrifices military families make by producing and coordinating baby showers for pregnant and expecting military personnel and their families.
If you are in the St. Louis area we would LOVE to have you attend our Spring Fundraiser April Flowers Bring May Showers at Mandarin in the Central West End. We have a cool venue, great food and drink and some fun raffle prizes. A great night out for a great cause. Please join us! Click on the photo below to be directed to the site.



I also cannot wait for the two unit showers we are doing in May (hence the bring May showers...) at Ft. Hood in Texas and Scott AFB in Illinois. Our theme is "Boxes in Bloom" and our goal is to make these events as Eco-Conscious as we can! We have already secured some fantastic vendors and sponsors but can always use more.

If you are a vendor reading this that would like to contribute, please contact me. We look forward to helping promote you as you help us.

Lastly, and thanks for reading this btw, if you are a fellow blogger that can spread the love and post about Operation Shower's fundraiser and unit showers, I would be forever grateful. I know our mission can spread like crazy with your help! Let me know if you post, so I can thank you publicly and link back to you!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fabulous! A very worthwhile organization!

Chris @ Celebrations At Home said...

What a cool new venture for you with a great cause! Of course I'll help you spread the word.

amy & lisa said...

This is a wonderful idea!!


Off to check out the site and to post about it on my party blog.

denise @ little ant design said...

What a wonderful way to support our military. I have already posted about Operation Shower on my blog.

I wish you and the others behind this great group much success.

testing 1 said...

As a military wife myself, I can truly say thank you, thank you, thank you for supporting your local unit.

It means so much for those families, especially for those women whose partner may be on a deployment, or are new to the unit and don't know anyone in the area who would have a shower for them. I have a post ready to go for my Tuesday Tip.

Anonymous said...

This is such a neat cause! Let me know if you need any help for Dallas/Texas showers!

And I'm working on a post on my blog to help you spread the word :)

PUMPKIN PETUNIA said...

Such a wonderful way to help in a happy, positive way. I would love to help. Trying to find your email link, but in case it's not posted, feel free to contact me via here: http://pumpkinpetunia.blogspot.com/

Tonya Staab said...

As a military wife, I will be honored to share this information with my readers. Thank you so much for being a part of such a wonderful thing.

http://www.munchkinsandmayhem.com/2009/03/operation-shower.html

Anonymous said...

I *love* operation shower! I think I only ever contributed once, but the whole thing is very near and dear to my heart as my BFF's hubby was out on ship when her 2nd child was born, so I got to fly to Hawaii to be there with her in the delivery room! I would love to get involved again! I'd just happened to find out about it right about when our own family was going through a kind of similar situation (hubby gone for 27 weeks for work.. so I got sidetracked and was just not online for about a year... Thank you for reminding me! ^_^

Mrs. Mootz said...

This is a fabulous idea! I'm definitely going to share this with my readers.

I'm a military wife and I was preggos while my hubby was deployed, so I know how wonderful it must make these soon-to-be moms feel to have the support from such an awesome group :)