February 24, 2010

It's All So Clear Now

.
Dear All My Party People,

Why are we not using this Clear vinyl pocket shower curtain from Urban Outfitters for all of our parties?



I was perusing UO for various bed coverlets to use as wall hangings (they always have a fun and funky selection...see orange atlas below) when I decided to looksie at the shower curtains for same.

A vinyl pocket shower curtain is just BEGGING to be customized as a wall hanging for parties. Am I right?

I mean the ability to fill those little pockets with decor to match your event and hang behind your buffet or another focal area? Come.On. Even if you just filled each pocket with solid color of cardstock (either all the same, varying shades or a rainbow of color), cute printed scrapbook paper or loads of confetti...gasp. My mind is spinning over here.

Don't think I'm not trying to figure out where I can hang it at the Cheerios 1st Birthday venue because I am. Pockets of Cheerios with spoons sticking out. Mama need.

So, if you'll excuse me, I have a shower curtain to order.

In the meantime, here are some other fabulous options for backdrops/table coverings repurposed from UO for your next event.



These blues and birdies are dreamy.



Bold in color and and black and ecru. L.O.V.E.

Spend a little time on Urban Outfitters and check out all the goods!
.
EDIT: HOLD THE PHONE!
.
This little vinyl pocket number from Bed Bath and Beyond is $9.99 and if you're like me you have enough of those 20% coupon mailers lying around to wallpaper a small village.

6 comments:

Jeanette said...

what a great idea! I just did a 50th birthday party for my husband, that would have been so cool to put all the photos I drug out!

Ashley said...

Fabulous idea! I love it!

Unknown said...

love!

Christi Bennett @ pisforparty said...

ooh...i love the blue ruffled one!

Kustom Kreations by Elisha Akram said...

That is a great idea... !

Katie (From Passys to Parties) said...

Love your blog! I actually bought 2, 20$ coverlets from UO last year for a shower I threw and they made AWESOME tablecloths! Check out my blog sometime that I just started a few weeks ago. I will definitely be posting some of your ideas as inspiration!