September 17, 2009

Bridal Shower (& What Did You Just Call Each Other?)

...
Could you please bring all this food to my mouth? Thank you.


My good friend, Tracy, aka "Dirty" threw a bridal shower recently and sent me some of the snaps. Does it look delicious or what? I looooove green (and food) so this is right up my alley.



And, because it makes me giggle to think that Dirty probably never thought I'd use her reply word for word, I am doing just that.


From Dirt:

"Hmmm, this was a bridal shower for my sister-in-law, Shannon. There were approximately 18 guests. I took regular wine glasses, added some ribbon, chalkboard paint and added names -the guests took these home as party favors. The picture of the basket with the bottle of wine and cookbook was a prize from the "how well do you know the bride" game. I also had guests write a piece of marital advise on a piece of paper. The bride read these aloud and then picked one from a hat for another prize...and I just had a sticker on the bottom of someone's plate for the third prize...these were the gifts wrapped in green/white. It was a Tuscan wine tasting theme, but not with the standard Tuscan colors."

Oh, and the fact that we call each other "Dirty" is a story that must be told. Back in the days of yore we were watching an MTV Video Awards show together. For Justin Timberlake reasons, to be exact. (Don't judge us.) Some rapper won and thanked his "dirtys" for supporting him. I think we half jokingly decided to be fake "street" and call each other that from that point on. Years later...we're still each others "Dirty Dirt" and rarely use our real names. So see, Dirty really is just good clean (albeit dorky) fun.

And there ya have it. Thanks for the snaps, Dirt. Proud of you! Now make me some snacks.

3 comments:

Alexis said...

I love all the green and it matches the background color of your blog!

Shelley@divinepartyconcepts said...

Love the colors and I love the "Dirty" story :)

Sugar & Spice Event Design said...

Very rare to see a green bridal shower that isn't a garden party! I love it!