- Luggage tags would make great napkin rings (and then favors) when tied around linen napkins.
- These Plum Party Taxi Cabs could be made into placecard holders with a little cardstock, imagination and a dab of glue on their roofs. Use them as I just decided nature intended or to hold postcards or photos of the city you're channeling.
- Invitations can be simple skyline backdrops or postcards. You can buy them here or make your own with some paper, images found online and scissors.
- The luggage favor boxes from Beau Coup are perfection. The labels are optional so feel free to customize your own.
Keep the party an overall Big City feel or pick a city to base your theme on:
- New York calls for fun and street vendor fare. A hot dog and pretzel bar anyone?
- San Franciso - I'd be very tempted to serve Rice a Roni in small shot glasses with appetizer spoons for one.
- Boston - A Chowdah and Seafood bar.
- Chicago - Make your own deep dish pizza stations.
- Dallas - if you don't serve beef then those Oprah people might come after you.
Of course you don't have to spend a fortune to pull this look off, but if you don't want a little wow factor, you can find items like these fun backdrops and border online. Skyline gift bags for party favor bags are another fun touch to send guests off with for the long trek home....across town.
Who wants to make a trip to the City of St. Louis to come play with me?