I didn't realize it at the time I was drawn to these toys as inspiration for a baby shower, but apparently I'm still feeling a little retro! Did anyone else out there have this classic phone toy? It's just as cute as ever.
Pair these famous toys with simple primary colors throughout the rest of your decor and you'll have a new twist on a baby shower full of the classics.
Just a few random ideas to help your guests feel like a kid again:
- Use rolls of white paper in lieu of tablecloths and place cylinder vases with crayons on the tables. Fill each vase with varying shades of the same color to add visual interest. Encourage spontaneous art from your guests.
- Play on the same idea above and draw circles on the table in lieu of chargers. Ask each guest to decorate their own charger with crayon art and special messages. Let the mom-to-be choose her fave and give a prize to the winner. When the guests are all gone, cut out each one and bind together with all the photos you took of the special day and send to your guest of honor as a keepsake.
- Make a monochromatic display of cylinder vases filled with Legos.
- Take a black Sharpie to the the vintage flash cards and write in the remaining letters of guests' names underneath the big letter and turn them into place cards.
- Use the flash cards to spell out the baby's name make a Welcome banner with them.
- Serve colorful cupcakes as shown above courtesy of fab guest post from How About Orange via Hostess With The Mostess.
- Send simple invitations like the carriage one shown here or the adorable old-fashioned bicycle. So maybe that's a little more vintage than we can all remember but, hey, it's cute!